Are you dreading your next workout session? Do you feel like you just cannot bear the thought of hitting the gym for another workout? Unfortunately, exercise burnout is a genuine and serious feeling that impacts many people. If you have been exercising for weeks or months on end, with little spare time away from the gym, you may be finding you are starting to feel this way as well.
Lifetime fitness – What causes exercise burnout and how can you combat it? Let us look at this closer, so you do not find yourself falling off the bandwagon once again.
Lifetime fitness- The Causes of Exercise Burnout First let us look at what is causing exercise burnout. There are three common reasons…
- First, you do not like the exercise you are doing. If you are forcing yourself to do something you hate every day, it is only a matter of time before your mind rebels.
- Second, if you are tired and fatigued during each workout but have to push yourself through that too is a fast track to burnout.
- Finally Lifetime fitness, if you are simply doing too much exercise overall and are beginning to feel like you spend half your life working out, that is another fast track to burnout.
Combating Exercise Burnout So now you know what causes burnout, how can you overcome it? What are the best ways to avoid feeling burnout? Here is what you need to know…
- Find a workout program you enjoy. Yes, easier said than done for some people. But do think about what forms of activities you tend to enjoy the most and make sure at least one or two of your sessions each week incorporates these exercise forms.
- Always take at least one day off each week from the gym, if not two. Give yourself a break – you need to recharge yourself.
- Make sure you are well fueled. While it is understandable you may be using a lower calorie intake to help lose weight, do not starve yourself and expect your body to exercise. You need fuel to exercise.
- Get a workout partner. Most people will find exercise is always easier when you have someone else by your side.
There you have the top methods to combat exercise burnout. Do not feel bad if you are suffering from this. With a few simple changes and strategies, you can get past it and start feeling well again.
Although managing Type 2 diabetes can be very challenging, it is not a condition you must just live with. Make simple changes to your daily routine – include exercise to help lower both your blood sugar levels and your weight.